RE: [IPk] Adrian

>PS I've just been referred for my Frozen Shoulder, after 18months of
physio,
cortisone injections, pain meds, etc, with no result. Waiting list is
 never-ending, as usual for rheumo/ortho. Told they will manipulate it, but
then
told
they don't usualy do this for type 1's? Have they done that for you?

Have had the frozen shoulder for coming up to 2 years - have been under a
rheumatologist (different hospital from my DM Consultant) for about 9 months
since my shoulder locked completely - now its a lot better but still have no
rotational movement in my arm and still have a lot of pain at night despite
quite strong pain killers. HBA1c was 6.4 last time - but hides the seesawing
BGs. BG is now down to between 10-12mmol first thing in the morning - OK the
rest of the day with lows late afternoon / early evening and now getting
hypos in the early morning again since upping the lantus on Friday (about
1am - 2am). I see my GP on Monday - so will probably drop the lantus back
down to avoid the night Hypos - will also be changing the Novorapid to
Humalog at my consultants suggestion to try and avoid the hypos late
afternoon / early evening. One thing I will say is that Lantus has given me
much more predictable BGs but still far from ideal. I guess now its a
question of sitting it out until January.

Thanks for everyone's advice/support
Adrian