Re: [IPk] Removing Infusion Set Patch

email @ redacted writes:

> Does anybody else have trouble with this,and is there an easier way to
> remove
> the patch ?

Hi Samantha,

I've been using Quicksets for over six months and don't have any trouble with
the patches, but here are a couple of ideas.  Please forgive me if I'm
"teaching gran to suck eggs".

When you use the sets, you've probably noticed a couple of small blobs on the
circumference of the patch. They're handy both for removing the paper from
the sticky patch when you're putting the set in and for taking the patch off.
(Don't cut them off! - :-) )

If you have any redness or irritation under/around the patch, then you could
be allergic to it - this can also make removal difficult.  Don't ever put the
patch on over irritated skin as that can also do the same, as well as
exacerbate any skin problem.

If these tips aren't useful, you could try using Tegaderm or Polyskin (clear
adhesive dressings) before you insert the QuickSet, probably easier to remove
them (though I've had trouble removing the Polyskins on occasion...).

(IDDM 30+ yrs, 508 3 yrs, converted to Quicksets now)