Re: [IPk] Minimed 508 Syringes

Hi Barbara,

I'd say the quickset and softset are equally difficult to insert - the
softset perhaps a little easier.

I like your tip of 'piercing' first, and then pushing in, as that might
solve the problem I get (The needle simply makes a hollow in my stomach
but does not enter the skin!)

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 2+, unusually thick skinned?)
>the needle in because it is thicker than the Rapids and we are prepared to
 >try the SofSets if we can insert them manually but it appears to be a struggle
>to get them in doesn't it?
>I have found that when we were inserting the sets manually, it is better to
 > rotate the tip of the needle a few times to actually pierce the skin.
>we would be trying to get it to go in and it would just be pushing the skin
>instead of piercing it but if you rotate it a few times, it generally goes in
>without the 'all-of-a-sudden' plunge which Danielle hates and so do I.
>Mum to Danielle aged 9, pumping since Nov 2002 and trying new sets

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)