Re: [IPk] Minimed 508 Syringes

email @ redacted writes:

> use the softsets with the short cannula (allegedly I have not got a
> fat stomach ....) and the long pipe.
> I use the sofserter, although I can get them in manually with a struggle
> (and often a bent cannula).

Hiya Pat

I am glad you told me this because, you see, Danielle fears the devices that
insert the sets for you because she likes to be in control of it. We have used
Silhouettes, Quick Sets and Rapids and we have always inserted them manually
so she wants to continue this way.  She likes the Rapids but I am not 100%
 sure about them. We all like the Quick Sets but it is more of a struggle
the needle in because it is thicker than the Rapids and we are prepared to
try the SofSets if we can insert them manually but it appears to be a struggle
to get them in doesn't it?

I have found that when we were inserting the sets manually, it is better to
 rotate the tip of the needle a few times to actually pierce the skin. Usually,
we would be trying to get it to go in and it would just be pushing the skin
instead of piercing it but if you rotate it a few times, it generally goes in
without the 'all-of-a-sudden' plunge which Danielle hates and so do I.

Mum to Danielle aged 9, pumping since Nov 2002 and trying new sets