Re: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #540

Hi All,

Sister-of-friends is training to be a doctor, and we have occasional
conversations about diabetes.  A few weeks ago we were talking about
these connective tissue complications (frozen shoulder, trigger finger,
etc.) and she mentioned that some recent research has suggested that the
cause is free radicals associated with hyperglycaemia.

I'm remembering this very hazily! It did make sense at the time
(something to do with the deterioration of proteins ....)

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 2+, not good at learning under the influence of rice wine
in a Chinese restaurant)

In message <email @ redacted>, Heather Gibbs
<email @ redacted> writes
>>From: email @ redacted (ip-uk-digest)
>>To: email @ redacted
>>Subject: ip-uk-digest V2 #540
>>Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 06:43:08 -0800
>>Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your tax deductible contributions.
>Hi Adrian
>I've had trouble with a frozen shoulder and my other one is sore and a bit
>frozen now.  My hospital said this was associated with complications due to
>being high but I was sure it was to do with hypos.  They then said I must
>have hit it when hypo and not known (funny no bruising or red marks) or just
>laid on it at a funny angle.  I have remained convinced that the hypo itself
>was causing the problem.
>What have you been told?
>Bye Heather
>Pumping 1year with varied results.
>I am sure that if my Rheumatologist says that I must try harder to
>>improve my blood sugars before my frozen shoulder will get any better I
>>kill him (and this will be one of the few times that I am not Hypo - so I
>>won't be able to use that as a defence!)
>>DM 20 years (Lantus / Novorapid - and totally frustrated!)
>Stay in touch with absent friends - get MSN Messenger

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)