Re: [IPk] Minimed 508 Syringes

Hi Barbara,

I use the softsets with the short cannula (allegedly I have not got a
fat stomach ....) and the long pipe.

I use the sofserter, although I can get them in manually with a struggle
(and often a bent cannula).

Best wishes,

>In a message dated 01/11/2003 10:56:58 GMT Standard Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
>> I don't think you've tried the softset yet, have you?  That is a minimed
>> product, and might suit Danielle as well as the Rapids do.
>Hiya Pat
>No, we have not tried the Soft Set.  I am going to order some of those and
>some more of the Rapids as a back-up.  Which ones do you use again?  I forget
>which sets people use because there is quite a lot of us now on this list and
>all use different sets and pumps.
>Pat, you wrote:-
>OK: votes: should I contact my credit card company and get them to lean
>on Medtronic, or should I continue to let them send me a statement every
>month (I guess this costs them about 50p a time!).
>Well they did the same with me Pat.  I am about #9.00 in credit with them and
>when I place a new order they don't take that into consideration.  What you
>have to do is ask them how much the order is that you have just placed with
>them (if that is how you do it) and then tell them to deduct the amount from
>that you are in credit.  Well next time I ring them I shall be asking them for
>the total cost which they take from my visa card and then I will say "Deduct
>the #9.00 that I am in credit" and they will. (Well, if they know their
>accounts, they will).
>Thanks for your advice Pat.  Let us know how you get on with Minimed and your
>credit balance.
>Mum to Danielle aged 9, pumping since Nov 2002, trying new sets
>D myself for 30 years,  not pumping

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)