Re: [IPk] Burgled and pump appt

Hi Helen,

I do encourage you to go to the pump fitting.  You need something good
happening right now.  Are you in the 'learning beforehand' period (using
saline), or is that what you are going to start on Tuesday?  If you have
not started saline yet, then I'd say start saline Tuesday, as you've
nothing to loose - the experience will show if you are capable of moving
to insulin.  If you are on saline, how are you doing?  Are you able to
remember to bolus, etc., through this time?  If it's a struggle, I'd say
call the nurse and see if you can put off the transfer to insulin for a
week.

Yes, learning new stuff while you are stressed is not ideal, but
honestly, learning to use a pump is not _that_ difficult.  You strike me
as a capable, organized person (I mean, Christmas presents stolen in
October - how many of us are that organized and unlucky?).  Plus you may
well find the strength/energy that comes to many of us in the first few
days of pumping a bonus at this time.

Best wishes

Pat
(dm 30+, 508 2+)