Re: [IPk] Minimed 508 Syringes

Hi Barbara,

I don't think you've tried the softset yet, have you?  That is a minimed
product, and might suit Danielle as well as the Rapids do.

If the rapids only connect with the disetronic 1.5 syringe (I think
that's what you mean???), then you might still have a problem, as I
think that the disetronic syringes are a wee bit different in shape to
the minimed ones, and cannot be used in their pumps (that is from
memory, when I was looking at changing from minimed to disetronic as a
supplier, I found out the syringes would still have to come from

More on minimed: they over-charged me for a new clip, by 4.01.  Then
they realised they'd charged VAT (both they and I'd forgotten VAT
shouldn't be charged) - another 1.14 refund due.  After getting months
of statements showing that they owe me 5.15, I rang up and was passed
from pillar to post, with no one taking responsibility for giving me a
refund.  I ended up getting quite angry with one woman, and she promised
to deal with it.  She didn't.

OK: votes: should I contact my credit card company and get them to lean
on Medtronic, or should I continue to let them send me a statement every
month (I guess this costs them about 50p a time!).

Someone asked how come Medtronic can charge #20 for a quickserter (or
indeed, #6.50 for a new clip) - easy, their business is very badly run!

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 2+)

>In a message dated 31/10/2003 16:47:18 GMT Standard Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
>> Hi Barbara
>> I realised my message might come across as sounding a bit antagonistic - it
>> wasn't meant to. It was simply that I wondered why you would want such a
>> thing! mainly because it had never occurred to me that anyone would.
>> Probably
>> Minimed feel the same way!
>> Di
>OK Di
>Fine and thanks.  I do however feel a bit of a traitor after using Minimed
 >consumables for 12 months now and always being happy with the Silhouette until
>Danielle started getting miserable every time it was getting close to a set
>change.  I thought, rather than have these sort of problems I would ask other
>people what they use and this Rapid set came up and I ended up receiving some
 > samples of it and couldn't believe how well it suited us. It has made our
>so much easier and Danielle is very comfortable with them.
>I appreciate Minimed probably might be offended by this and wish that they
>did one similar but it looks like I am going to have to purchase the infusion
 > sets from Diestronic and the other bits from Minimed. (Sorry Minimed if you
>reading this).
>Bye for now.

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)