Re: [IPk] Sasha's consultant

We have been so very fortunate to be referred to Harrogate and we see Sandra
Dudley there. She is a tonic in our experience of the medical profession and
it's treatment of diabetes in that she applauds our attempts to seek 'the
best' for Sam. No one else has ever encouraged us, helped us find
information or said 'well done' to us. I find it a very isolating condition
and it really was the monster in our lives prior to this summer. It has been
quite a revelation that there are a large number of mothers of children with
diabetes (attending my local hospital) on anti-depressants. I know why they
are. They feel helpless and unable to control the diabetes. Yet, if they
question or 'make a fuss' they are labelled obsessive!

I would love to have a GP who could understand the condition. It would just
be a good feeling to have somebody 'on our side'.

In fact our practice is looking for a partner. Semi (ish) rural area.....
are you interested?!!

Heather B.