Re: [IPk] Dissapointing meeting with Sasha,s consultant

Sorry to hear of the negative views of this consultant. It wasn't the same
one I saw was it?! He certainly seems to be quoting the same views! Also, the
fact I was seeing him at a hospital that wasn't local, he couldnt understand
that, either. I have a friend in the US whose son is 8 and was dx 3 years
ago. He is going to go on a pump soon. It's almost automatic there. It's
considered odd if it doesn't happen!
Incidentaly, I went to the dentist yesterday. It was a locum dentist, from
Sweden. He was amazed that hardly anyone in this country is on a pump as he
said in Sweden, it is the norm. One thing he did say, although it would still
be out of my league financially, is that he has a friend in the UK who
couldn't get a pump here, so he went to Sweden and paid for one there and it
cost him less than it would have done in the UK. I don't know how accurate
this is but it seems a crazy world that this has to happen.
Maybe we'll get out of the middle ages soon...I hope!