Re: [IPk] Dissapointing meeting with Sasha,s consultant

Hi Jackie
I do sympathise with your problem, but I had to laugh at this statement:

>The person he suggests that  we
> might talk to is a dialectologist, but he says that she doesn't have anyone
> on pumps either and that she is a renowned expert so that she should know
> what she is talking about and if pumps were that good she would have
> patients on them.

A dialectologist is someone who studies language dialects - no wonder she
doesn't have anyone on a pump :-)

Seriously though, my only suggestion is to go and see someone privately since
your own healthcare team aren't supportive.

it's the same old story - you have to suffer bad control and complications
before they'll believe that a pump could make things better, because they
think you're managing fine on MDI otherwise.