Re: [IPk] Novorapid

>Hello everyone
>Remember I had the query with 'just how long was this insulin hanging
>around', well our nurse contacted Novo Nordisk about it and they said that
>the insulin starts to work in 10-20 minutes, with its maximum effect being
>1-3 hours.
And remember that 'maximum effect' is not the same thing as 'end of
effect - you may well find that there is still a significant* proportion
of the insulin working 4 or 5 hours afterwards.

As with all things diabetic, I think it's best to look at what is
'normal' not as what is to be expected, but as the basis from which to
start experimenting.

You will find some doctors are amazed that people have non-normal
experiences.  You would think that basic statistics was something they
studied in the first term, but it seems to have escaped them!

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+)

* 'significant' meaning 'having a visible effect on bg levels.  If you
bolus 5 units, and 'only' 10% is remaining after 3 hours, but 0.5 units
will decrease your bg by 2 points, and you are aiming for a bg of 4.5 at
the end of 3 hrs .... that 'insignificant' 10% will send you severely

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)