Re: [IPk] Having a bad day or two

Hi Melissa
I use Silhouettes and I prime a unit to cover the dead space in the needle,
which seems to work. I try to change a set before I'm either going to
exercise or eat, so that there's better chance of the insulin being absorbed
quickly (exercise because the increased blood flow helps get the insulin
flowing, and food because I'm going to be taking a decent bolus, which also
helps get it going). Sometimes I have to bolus another unit or two after an
hour, just to get things going, but usually it works fine.
I was always told that you only need to prime 0.7 units for a Silhouette
needle, but 1 unit works for me.