From: email @ redacted
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Having a bad day or two
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 14:59:55 EST

In a message dated 11/28/2002 12:41:47 AM GMT Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 > The rule of thumb I learned is that
 > if bg remains high for 6-8 hours, even if it goes down a little (but not
 > much as you would expect for the amount of insulin bolused), change the
 > and make sure to bolus 1.5 just after insertion

Hi Melissa, and Barbara whose query it was,

While I think Melissa's other advice is great, bolusing 1.5 units is an
individual amount which needs to be established by trial and error. (I would
have a major hypo!)  A bit like the advice to start off on a 15:1
carb:insulin ratio. You could estimate it for Danielle from her usual carb
insulin ratio and basal rate at the  time of change if you also knew
Melissa's figures.  Can you help, Melissa?
[snip by Melissa]
IDDM 30+ yrs, pumper 2yrs and loving it despite occasional hiccups