Re: [IPk] Fat

Hi Heather
Personally I find that if I eat fat on its own, I don't need any insulin for
it. But if I have a high carb and high fat meal, the fat slows down the carb
absorption, and my BG will be high some hours later. I therefore tend to use
a dual wave or square wave bolus to cover it. I also often find that I need
more insulin in total than I would have done had I just had the carbs but not
the fat. But everyone's different, so you just need to experiment and find
out what works for you.
Di