[IPk] Fat

Could someone explain to me about needing more insulin when having more
fat in their diet.  I've only ever considered looking at the carbohydrate
values to determine my insulin doseage.  Is their a ratio of fat to
insulin?  Is the fat better absorbed when eaten with other food? Being a
long term diabetic, I've  "picked" at cheese etc instead of sweets, all
my life.Explainations please.  I'm so impressed with you others
understanding what your body is doing particularly with regards to the
pump - my body has a life of it's own!!I have lots of trouble writing
down my tests (although the memories of the blood testing kits is
wonderful now), and I'm put off because I don't remember why I took a
bolus here or why my test was high when showing it to a Dr.  Any
additional suggestions? HeatherIDDM 44 years H-tron 2+ yrs