Re: [IPk] CHO v UNITS OF INSULIN

In a message dated 11/25/2002 8:12:35 AM GMT Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> On the different times / different amounts question:
>
> I do find I need different amounts of insulin to cover the same food at
> different times of the day: 10g at breakfast needs 1.5 u, at lunch 1.
> unit, and at dinner needs 0.8 now and 0.2 on an extended bolus.

Yes, I find this too, and the increased amount needed parallels the basal
rate - logical really! - so, for example, I need more insulin to cover lunch,
when my basal rates are highest.  It took me a while as well to sort this one
out!

Mary

IDDM 30+ yrs, 508 2 yrs