Re: [IPk] Revelation by the biscuit cupboard

In message <email @ redacted>, Heather Bowler
<email @ redacted> writes
>I question my right to voice this opinion not having got diabetes, but....
>I was standing in front of the 'biscuit' cupboard the other day - somewhere
>I have on many occasions guiltily and furtively crammed a biscuit or several
>behind Sam's back, when it suddenly occurred to me that I've stopped doing

Never, ever, question your right to speak here.  This is something that
everyone who had diabetes as a child will need to hear.  How diabetes
impacts (blah, hate that verb, and am too lazy to re-write) on the lives
of others is something which we don't think about nearly enough.  Partly
because it's enough of a terror to think about how it impacts on us.
It's something which isn't seen by the medical side, I'm doubly sure.

Best wishes,

(dm 30 +, 508 1+)

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)