[IPk] Re: Rhoda's advice to Barbara/Danielle

In a message dated 24/11/2002 23:38:47 GMT Standard Time, email @ redacted

> Is it a psychological/mental thing about inserting a set into yourself?  The
> more you think
> about it, the bigger the barrier that can become.  The best thing it to try
> one of Danielle's on
> yourself.

Well, although I have been diabetic for 29 years, I am a chicken at the end
of the day.  I don't like injections.  I do my own obviously, but I panic
weeks before having to have an injection done by a nurse and I hate my blood
being taken.  I don't look at any needles because, if I did, I would pull
away.  I had my flu jab the other day and I couldn't look around the room in
case I saw the needle!

Well, Rhoda's idea about trying one of Danielle's infusion sets on me is a
good idea.  I will try this before January when my appointment is.