email @ redacted writes:

> I have read that as well as basal rates needing to be different at different
> times of day that sometime the insulin to carb rate varies with the time
> its eaten.  i.e. a bowl of cereal in the morning may need more insulin than
> the same size bowl of cereal eaten at supper time.

I had problems with Danielle's blood sugar 'going through the roof' after
breakfast and I put this by our pump nurse and got advice from these lists.
Apparently, the empty stomach in the morning can cause the food to be
absorbed more quickly and shoot the bg up quicker.  Therefore, with the pump
and the fact that we bolus after a meal, it was too late for Danielle because
she was already sky high and it put the rest of the day out.  We tried giving
the bolus before breakfast and it has worked wonders.