[IPk] Re: Funding

Dear Pat

Thanks for your the points you made.  I wouldn't come off the pump for even two weeks because the difference the thing has madeto my life over the past few months has been unbelievable.  I would go so far as to say I have lost many years of my life because of the diabetes.  Before I went on the pump I thought the problems I had were just me: Moods, vision, pains that couldn't be diagnosed etc etc.  Since been on hte pump my HBA1c has come down from 8.9 to 6.5 at the last count and thats in less than a year.  I don't need to get up to pee during the night.  I wake up alive rather than staggering around for the first few mins as though I were half drunk.  Loads of other stuff too.
At the end of the day, I would say "The Proof of the Pudding is in the Eating" but, as we all know, the decision makers and doctors know better than we do :)