Re: [IPk] Re: Rhoda's slight hiccup

>Did you try MDI
>(which I assume is more than 2 injections per day)?

It's not the number of injections, but separating out 'bolus' from
'basal' insulin, and injecting them separately.

If you are worried about being attached to a pump (or your husband would
like to try it), Elizabeth had a great idea which she tried before
trying the pump: buy a yoyo!  Tape the string to your stomach, and pop
the yo-yo into your pocket.

I have one diabetic friend who finds the idea of being permanently
attached to a pump completely untenable - personally I find it no more
of an encumbrance than glasses.  But then, I've been known to go to
sleep with a volume of the oxford english dictionary and two cats in the
bed (and the husband), still wearing the glasses, so I'm not concerned
about these things!

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+)

Pat Reynolds