Re: [IPk] Re: Rhoda's slight hiccup

>Did you try MDI
>(which I assume is more than 2 injections per day)?

It's not the number of injections, but separating out 'bolus' from
'basal' insulin, and injecting them separately.

If you are worried about being attached to a pump (or your husband would
like to try it), Elizabeth had a great idea which she tried before
trying the pump: buy a yoyo!  Tape the string to your stomach, and pop
the yo-yo into your pocket.

I have one diabetic friend who finds the idea of being permanently
attached to a pump completely untenable - personally I find it no more
of an encumbrance than glasses.  But then, I've been known to go to
sleep with a volume of the oxford english dictionary and two cats in the
bed (and the husband), still wearing the glasses, so I'm not concerned
about these things!

Best wishes,

Pat
(dm 30+, 508 1+)