[IPk] Barbara's husbands comments re dislking being attached to a pump

when I was adolescent I perhaps would have felt the same
I was used to a not too bad HbA1c at the expense of being high for prolonged
periods on some days, and multiple hypos on others, where I would just eat and
eat and eat.Of course I got conditioned to wanting to eat even when I didn't
need to, due to this.( luckily not prone to weight gain and strangely a slight
decrease in weight since control has improved even though no attempt to
control weight, just eating a broadly healthy diet)
A pump would have been a more constant reminder of DM
When I reached my mid 20s and diabetes got more uncontrollable and I realised
I did not want to end up with debilitating complications in a few years time
or spend all my time dribbling in a corner due to hypoglycaemia, the scenario
was different
I think the issue here is whether you are happy with control on injections or
not. If unhappy being attached is at worse a very minor inconveniance which is
nothing compared to the inconveniance of frequent hypos/ poor control etc. At
best it is something to be proud of . Someone said "be proud be lumpy be
pumpy" ? Di