[IPk] Overdose of insulin Thanks

Thanks to all those that have written with suggestions.  I have give Sasha a
large helping of gooey chocolate cake with lots of custard.  As it happens,
she also had less Novorapid (Novolog) tonight as she had been to gym and we
always have to drop the dose and see if she needs more short acting later.
So I have worked out we have only an extra 6.5 units of insulin more than
normal to deal with.   I think she will now be high at 11.30 which will
cause insulin resistance making the NPH less effective.  So we will test at
11.30 - 12.00pm  and after that every couple of hours.  I will let you all
know what happens tomorrow.  I am not sure how much the NPH will trail into
the next day.  So I will have to think about that tomorrow.

Jackie Jacombs