Re: [IPk] Slight hiccup

email @ redacted writes:

> Mary, you mentioned that there is some clear/transparent tape to put on
> the skin underneath the set tape.  Is this Tegaderm or (the name of the
> other one has slipped my mind for the moment!)?
Hi Rhoda,

There are others, but I was referring to Polyskin II transparent dressings
(Kendall) - available from Medtronic.  I use the 5 x 7 cm size.  These
dressings are fine and adnesive.  You place one over a clean site, then put
the needle through the centre (as if the dressing wasn't there).  I have
allergic problems with many things, but this didn't cause too many problems -
and see below.

If you have the opportunity, they can be useful for going on holiday to hot
climes, when the usual set adhesives often don't work (for me, anyway!) -
their adhesive properties seem to be better.

Best wishes,