Re: [IPk] Re: MDI & Pumps question

I am fairly sure I was referring to a clinic.  With individuals, 'not
liking mdi' could mean 'not liking a pump' (if the dislike comes, for
example, from not wanting to think about diabetes that much, dislike of
regular and intensive bg measurement).  But most users who dislike mdi
dislike it because it's ineffective - which may mean they like the pump.

Best wishes,

dm 30+, disliked mdi 25-ish, likes a 508 1+

>In a message dated 21/11/2002 11:08:13 GMT Standard Time, email @ redacted
>> Was the 'if they don't like MDI...' statement to which you responded meant
>> to refer to clinic staff rather than people who need insulin?
>Hello Melissa
>Pat was telling somebody that 'if they don't like MDI, they definitely won't
>like the pump' and it looked like she was referring to the patient not liking
>MDI and therefore not going to like the pump in that case, but she may have
>been referring to the clinics and not the patient. (Confusing isn't it). Pat
>will no doubt fill us in about this.  Did you mean that the clinics don't
>like MDI?

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)