[IPk] Janet Carter

I was diagnosed three years before you ( at the age of 13) and my control
completely disappeared in 1999
It does interest me that people can suddenly loose control for no obvious
reason after coping reasonably well with diabetes for years ( Any theories

It's wonderful that your team have always been supportive. I have never had a
bad relationship with any of those "looking after my diabetes" but really feel
that when I was coping well on injections it was down to me and when things
went pear shaped I had to sort myself out. Embarrassment about not coping,
fear of slapped wrists when they realised how erratic control was etc perhaps
There is a lamentable lack of up to date knowledge re modern insulin regimens
in the UK ( in some clinics anyway), but even with the most forward thinking
teams it is us who have to deal with the consequences of poor glycaemic
control at the end of the day