Re: [IPk] charting BG

email @ redacted writes:

> Barbara
> I'm sure what is of vital importance is the results themself, so if she was
> regularly swinging from 3 to 30 prepump and is now ( or when fully
> established
> on the pump) 4 to 10, a normal log book charting this would surely impress
> the
> most cynical.
> I know that disetronic have a version with individual spaces for basal, BG,
> carbs, bolus etc
> also see
> http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/logbook.html
Hi Barbara and Abi,

I must say that I agree with Barbara - I find that graphics are easier to
look at and "see" results and overall trends than a page full of numbers.
(I'm probably biased as that's part of what I do for a living, but I make no
apology!)  Trends are important when demonstrating life before and after
pump, and also in sorting out problems. Most people don't want to look at
lots of numbers, but results plotted as a week or a month per sheet can be
very effective in demonstrating the ups and downs before and, hopefully, the
flattish lines after going onto the pump. These have immediate impact, do
look impressive and also create an "I'm committed to this and working hard on
getting things right" feel.

I gather that there are good programmes around, I think others on this list
have used them though I haven't, and some are compatible with downloads from
meters.  I used an Excel spreadsheet (Office 2000) - many will already have
this for other reasons so no extra outlay! - and its chart facilities.  I had
problems for several months after switching to the pump, and I did find this
method useful in pinpointing some of the things I was doing wrong.

Delighted that Danielle is enjoying her new-found freedom,

Best wishes,

IDDM 30 yrs, 508 2 yrs