Re: [IPk] new pump users

Barbara D wrote:

Maybe we should have played safe and stuck to
pizza but Charlie now feels a sense of freedom about choices and is wanting
to explore. I feel we can't refuse this.

Defintiely! Let him find his own boundaries. One of the great things about
pumping is that it gives us freedom to make decisions. Charlie will learn
how to make informed decisions based on complete _or_ incomplete information
(don't know what noodles will do to me, but I'm going to find out!). This is
a transferrable skill - I'm not joking! Could you imagine in an interview
saying, 'actually, I have diabetes and I use an insulin pump. This means
that I'm excellent at making fast decisions in critical situations whether
or not I have full information, and in dealing with the consequences of any
decision that I make.' Hired!

On a more serious note, I did a lot of experiementing with food when I first
started pumping, and it took me about a year to settle down. I don't think
that's representative of everybody, though: I'm slow at doing things and
figuring things out.