RE: [IPk] new pump users

Hi Barbara D

NICE stands for National Institute for Clinical Excellence.

They review medicines or treatments and make decisions about whether the NHS
will fund treatments. They may add restrictions on the treatment as with
some drugs for rhumatoid arthritis .................... you must have used
cheaper drugs first and show that they are not suitable before moving on the
the more expensive drugs .  Or it has been suggested that pump users may
have to have tried MDI or a Lantus combination and shown that these will not
work for you before they will fund pumping.  It has not been decided yet,
that is why it comes up on this site so often.  Sometimes it can take years
before a decision is reached.  I am sure if I have got this wrong someone
will put me right.  Lantus has just been reviewed and as yet is not
recommended for type 2.

Glad to hear that all is going along well so far with Charlies pump.