[IPk] Re: Margaret's pump/injection enquiry

In a message dated 12/11/2002 19:17:10 GMT Standard Time, email @ redacted

> Margaret Johnston <email @ redacted>
> I am a nurse working with children who have diabetes.
> I am a mum of three children, one of whom has complex special needs.
> Keen to hear of both positive and negative experiences of insulin via
> pumps. I live and work in Lanarkshire, Scotland.

Hello Margaret

My daughter is on a pump trial at the moment (one week almost) and her life
and self-esteem have improved.  It has been hard for me so far as a parent
trying to get the balance right but I would not go back to injections and
neither would Danielle.  She has told me she 'doesn't feel diabetic anymore'
and 'I am not used to injections anymore so I am scared of my flu jab'.  Her
moods are fabulous and I feel like I have got my beautiful daughter back.
You can look at a site I have put together to help people who are possibly
considering the pump by clicking here:-

 <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.co.uk/babzwatson/myhomepage/newsletter.html">Danielle's Insulin Pump</A>

Let me know what you think.

Mum to Danielle aged 8 (dx Aug 2001 and on pump trial)
D myself for 29 years
Brother and sister also diabetic on insulin injections