[IPk] School

Dear all

I am pleased to say that, after writing a letter and hand-delivering it to
the Head Teacher today, I had a visit at home from her and things couldn't be
better.  She has photo-copied and laminated 12 copies of the care plans for
Danielle, had a staff meeting this afternoon and wants me to go and see her
every day until I feel confident for them to take over.  She has told me that
she will treat Danielle as if she is her own and that everything will be done
to ensure that her blood sugars are done at school and phoned through to me.
She said she will phone me even if she is fine and not only when/if she
isn't.  She was very concerned and even asked if I would be able to return to
work and be able to put my trust in them.

The Head Teacher was so concerned that she asked me if I had a supportive
husband, a good friend and a good doctor.  I had to reassure her that I
wasn't depressed even though I was breaking my heart and couldn't hardly get
the words out.  She asked me if I would return to school later in the
afternoon for another little chat and I said "What do I do about my bulging
frog eyes?".  She said "Cucumber is very good" so I had a quick shower and
put cucumber slices on my eyes.  I put a bright orange top on and looked much
better than I did with my green one earlier!  When I got to school, the first
aid teacher was in reception and sat next to me for a chat.  I kept biting
the inside of my cheeks so that I wouldn't cry and then the Head Teacher came
over to me and said "You look much better.  The cucumber worked then?" and
the first aid teacher nearly choked.

Thanks to everyone, especially Andrew Dysch and Julie for giving me the
ammunition to get this thing going.