RE: [IPk] survey: carb-related questions

> Michael
> What is the conversion for weight of bread to CHO?  I used to
> know but have forgotten.

general rule of thumb is grams or carbo = 1/2 weight of bread. This
works well for almost all baked "bread-like" goods.

>Disaster last night - changed
> infusion at 6 pm, ate at 8:30 pm (2 thick cheese sandwiches

the protein in the cheese (if there is a lot of it) should be
accounted for in the carb calculation and an some kind of extend
bolus or additional bolus allowed for. The cheese will show up
several hours later as elevated bg's -- just like pizza. The fat in
the nuts and cheese will delay the bg spike significantly.

For many foods like this, trial and error will work as good as
anything else in judging dose adjustment.