Re: [IPk] Bad Day Today

In a message dated 11/10/2002 8:44:21 AM GMT Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Pat said,
> Some people do seem to manage to get back to work the day after going on
> Just keep
> measuring bgs ever 2 hrs (3 hrs while asleep), recording food, and
> making the charts and by the end of two weeks, you will still not be
> able to see why you had a bad day today, but you will be having fewer
> bad days, and able to explain more and more of them.
Or (Pat's first sentence) have a more adaptable metabolism!  :)

I couldn't agree more with this advice.  It takes time for your body as well
as your mind to get used to pumping - the mind often does better to begin
with! - please don't get disillusioned.  No two diabetics are the same -
others can give general advice, but you have to learn how to pump yourself.
If those bad days are still frequent after a couple of weeks, then's the time
to take stock and check systematically what you're doing - please do share it
with this list if it's still happening, too.  (It could be something you're
doing, or maybe it's just something like using a different part of the body
from injections so profile/absorption isn't the same, inserting the needle at
too shallow or deep an angle, using the wrong type of set, etc. But don't
worry about that unless things aren't working out!)

Best wishes,

IDDM 30 yrs+, 508 2 yrs and really enjoying life on the pump