Re: [IPk] Bad infusion sites

In message <email @ redacted>, Diana
Maynard <email @ redacted> writes
>Hi Pat
>What do mussels do to your BGs????
They raise them by far more than their protein would suggest.  Beans of
all kinds do this too (significant cho in some beans, too...).

Cheese, nuts, and other sources of protein don't have that effect.  I
guessed that maybe it was a high % of calories from protein that was the
problem, but adding a lot of grated cheese to baked beans on toast, or
choosing a cream sauce vs a white wine sauce for the mussels has very
little difference (a slight flattening/extending, as would be expected,
by adding that much fat).

>And how do you lubricate a set? Or do you mean that the reservoir plunger is
To lubricate the set, you wiggle and twist the plunger in the syringe.
Apparently the lubricant dries out/ settles, and you have to do this, or
it sticks.  Having once forgotten to wiggle and twist, and seen what
happened, I imagine that sometimes, with old sets, I might not do it

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+, mussels fan 8+)
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)