RE: [IPk] Request for help - please!

Hi Heather

I am sorry to hear about your PCT decision.  I was only
successful with my PCT after a year of non-stop letters and
phone calls and after the initial rejection I asked them what
their appeal process was and then bombarded the appeal board
with letters, spreadsheets of results (pre- and post-pump),
references (from John Davis) etc.  Have you been down the
formal appeal process yet?  If not find out who to write to
and state your case again.  I got through despite having
normal HbA1c's pre-pump and virtually no hospital visits with
hypos because I could show that I went hypo most nights which
meant that my children were placed in danger (my husband
travels a lot with his work).  Does Sam miss school with
hypos?  Has this improved with the pump?  Have his results
improved (blood sugars and academic!).  Anything you can dig
up (other than makes life easier which they won't accept) is
powerful ammunition.  What about the testimony of anyone else
on the site with a diabetic child on a pump (especially where
funded and you can demonstrate a postcode lottery system for

Don't give-up its what they want!!

Beverley Smith
Consultant Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader