Re: [IPk] OUSU Diabetes Network

Hi Heather G.,

Thanks for your response and for the encouragement :) .

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but would the 'closed-loop' refer to a pump
that senses BG and gives insulin automatically (i.e., without needing the
user to specify the exact amount at the time)? I think it's a good idea, but
I would go for one only if I could manually override it whenever I wanted.
If I want to exercise, for example, my BG must be around 10 to start or I go
hypo too soon. On the other hand, if my pump had some glucagon in it for
little jump-starts to counteract the BG-lowering effects of exercise or
alcohol on an empty stomach, so that I could maintain a BG of 6 all the
time, without actually trying, that would rock my world :) !!!

IDDM 8+ years; MiniMed pumper 6+ years