Re: [IPk] mixed developments

Hi Rhoda
I can't comment on the Quick Sets as I've never tried them, but I have heard
that for some people they don't work very well.

One thing to remember when starting pumping is that it can take up to a week
(unbelievably!) for the long-acting insulin to completely disappear from your
body. So control in the first few days especially can be very erratic. You
may also find that some sites give you more reliable absorption than others.
For me the lower abdomen is the most reliable. Legs and arms seem to refuse
to absorb any insulin at all! Other areas such as hips are more variable.

It's also very likely that your basal rates need some tweaking still, so
expect your BGs to be a bit erratic until that's sorted out. I still have
occasional days where my BG is inexplicably high or low all day - I just put
it down to my natural weirdness :-)
Di