[IPk] mixed developments

Friday I changed sets - Silhouette.  Saturday set site was very itchy so
changed it again.  This time decided to try a Quick Set.  Took 20 units to
prime and bgs started climbing. After 7 hours and 3 boluses bgs still
climbing.  Changed set again to another Quick Set after checking with
pump trainer nurse.  Bgs still climbed and not eating anything.  Phoned
nurse again at 10pm and since sets were from two different lots/batches
couldn't be a lot/batch fault.  Advised to change for 3rd time back to
Silhouette.  Bgs started to fall.

I was advised to avoid Quick Sets since apparently they don't work for
some unknown reason with some people and being me, I seem to be one of

Yesterday was reasonable but bgs leapt at midnight test.  I'd had a snack
same as on previous evenings and bolused as had worked on previous
occasions.  Bolused again, raised basal rate by .1 unit and skipped breakfast
as I have an identified Dawn Phenomenon.  Dipped to 7.4 by 10am but
continued to rise.

At lunch I bolused 2 units and had less than 20g carbohydrate, yet bgs
continued to rise.  2pm 10.6 so bolused 1 unit.  3pm 10.8

Seems like I have one "good day" then one inexplicably "off" day numbers
wise on the pump.

Is this normal for starting pumping?

Just curious...