RE: [IPk] Monitoring

Hi Dave

Whe I phoned Diabetes UK (with exactly your problem) I was
put throught to their care department (or some such name) and
I was told that this was a very common problem, so don't feel
you need to get a group of people together as they are very
aware of this problem and can act quickly (I am not a big fan
of Diabetes UK - too conservative for me but in this instance
they were brilliant).  They contacted two experts for me who
each wrote letters (strongly worded) to my GP as did Diabetes
UK and myself and as I say I have never looked back (they now
can't prescribe enugh for me!!).

This all happened 8 years ago but hopefully Diabetes Uk are
as supportive and effective now (at least in this issue)as
they were then.

Beverley Smith
Consultant Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader