Re: [IPk] Help

Call the medisense/disetronic now, and ask for a replacement while they
sort yours out.

It will probably not arrive until Tuesday, so in the meantime, try:

Take out the batteries, and find the replacement battery set (plastic
bit and batteries).  Try replacing with that new set.

Try 'earthing' the pump, and leaving it off for a couple of hours
(following the usual going-back-to-mdi procedure).

Set your alarm every three hours until you have a replacement pump, or
are sure yours is working, particularly if it has a blank screen.

Try leaving the pump alone as much as possible (i.e. inject to
bolus/correct highs).

Best wishes,

(dm 30, 508 1+, one of a number of people who had this problem last
summer with the 508).

In message <email @ redacted>, SARA
GRAY <email @ redacted> writes
>I have now been on the pump for 2 years, but over the past 2 days I have
>alarms go off, that never have before. The seem to be linked to static. Also
>this morning I have now lost the lcd screen it is just blank, can anyone
>offer any suggestions.

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)