RE: [IPk] Funding of pumps and consumables

As a long time type 1 43yrs +  and an employee in the NHS since 1973 I dont
think I will ever get funding for my pump.As our hospital is supposedly #6
million over budget I think they would tell me where to go if I asked for
money to keep me working! I sometimes feel that they think maybe I've lived
too long and that I should be put down!! I have written to my MP in
desperation (never having had a reply from the PCG) have heard from the PCT
who have condescended to reply but they say it should be funded by the
hospital that prescribe it.  It goes round in circles and is very
frustrating. I have given up appealing for funding for my pump but am now
pleading for consumables. It took ages for pen needles to be funded so I
don't think my LHA or whoever will be
prepared to fund until it is a national recommendation -Diabetes UK do not
seem to be very vocal in this matter, but I will keep pestering !!