RE: [IPk] Funding of pumps and consumables

That probably all depends on how valuable you are to them I would think.

In terms of professional employees costing #30-#100k a year to run, #300 is
peanuts. It might be tax-deducatable for the employer.

For comparison, recruiting someone normally costs a business #5k -> #15k
when all costs, training etc are allowed for.

Of course it will be a different ballgame for casual/contract staff - but
funding your own training and equipment is part of the deal if you go for a
contract arrangement. You are only selling a skill.

It may also depend on the culture of the company - e.g., M&S of old or Boots
or Public Sector employers might do it out of benevolence.