[IPk] Funding of pumps and consumables

Dear John

I,m sorry to say that I have had no financial support for either the pump or
the consumables. I tried my own doctor who stated that the pump and
consumables were outside of the constraints of both National and Local
Well what a surprise!
I have heard stories that if you apply at your local job centre stating that
you are in danger of loosing your job due to the instability of your day to
day diabetic control (and if this statement is supported by a letter from your
health care professionals) and that if your company are willing to support you
to the tune of #300.00 (assuming you are in employment), that there is a fund
called "Access to Work", this fund so I've been told may be able to pay for
all but the #300.00 your employer has to fund.
Unfortunately I was not aware of this help (assuming that the above is
correct) at the time of purchasing my pump.
My pump is a D-Tron not as my profile stated H-Tron.
John I wish you well in your quest for financial help, I hope your doctor is
more forthcoming than mine!

All the best....let me know how you get on.