RE: [IPk] exercise and insulin

Hi Amanda

Its not easy.  I run for about 40 minutes and 90% of the time
by BGMs go up (I keep the same basal when I run) but very
occasionally they drop.  The fact they occasionally drop
means that I live with the more usual rise.  I will start a
run with a BGM between 6 and 7 and usually end it between 9
and 10.  I then have a correction bolus and bring it back
down within an hour.  It's the best I can do.  I don't dare
increase the basal because once a month I will record a BGM
of less than 4 after a run.  It is a lot better now than when
I was on injections when it would rise to more than 17 after
a run and leave me feeling awful!  It's trial and error to
find what works for you.

Best of luck

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist