Re: [IPk] bent needles

Hi Vic
it might help if you describe exactly how you are inserting the needle.
Are you pinching up the skin as you insert? Or are you holding it flat and
stretched out? Whichever method you are doing, you might try the other one,
if you see what I mean. I sometimes get bent cannulas, but I usually feel
them encountering resistance as i push them in, and I then pull it out and
resinsert it somewhere else. It depends on the area, but sometimes I find
holding the skin flat easier, and sometimes pinching up the skin.
I found with Sofsets that the cannula often bent, because you have no control
over insertion if you use the Sofserter (and it needs quite a lot of courage
to do it without the Sofserter).

But probably the best thing for you would be to talk to your pump trainer (do
you have such a thing at your clinic?) and get them to check your insertion
technique and see if they can offer suggestions.