Re: [IPk] Blood glucose units

Oooops!  I meant to convert it back (6 to 5.8, 7.5 to 9).  I found it
impossible to stop thinking in whole blood with my plasma meter, so I
started using the big numbers of mg/dl - at first dividing by 20 to
understand what the meter was saying .... but now I find I think in
them.  I like, psychologically, having a bigger 'target area'!

Best wishes to all,

dm 30+, 508 6months+, o'level maths with a calculator

In message <l03130300b82126fee30c@[]>, John Neale
<email @ redacted> writes
>>So far (two hour sessions) I have had a slight lowering (120 to 115) and
>>a rise (150 to 180). I regret to say that I don't do before-and-afters
>>on my between-session stuff.
>Hi Pat -
>Sorry to be a bore... but this is primarily a UK list and we do ask that UK
>units (mmol/L) are used. Somewhat easier for you to divide by 20 before
>posting than for most of the other 268 members to convert afterwards!
>Thanks :-)
>When I moved from Britain to Germany a couple of years ago, I attempted to
>convert to the German units (mg/dL). After several weeks of trying, and
>despite a mathematics degree, I could not think in the new units, and I
>gave up :-(
>mmol/L is also the "correct" unit according to the international standards
>mailto:email @ redacted

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)