[IPk] Pilates update

Dear All,

Well, I've done two and a bit weeks of pilates, and am really impressed
with it!  I know my stomach is weak, but the way the muscles are worked
seems to cope with it!

What I'd say to any other beginner with a pump is:
a) don't worry about activity levels for the first class -  pretty close
to wandering around a supermarket
b) don't worry about stretching for the first couple of classes - pretty
close to wandering around a supermarket
c) don't worry about the pump - you can either 'detach as for exercise',
or 'leave on as for bed'
d) do worry about your hypo awareness - the breathing involved is rather
intense/involved/complicated - if you are hypo unaware, or marginally
so, do measure your bgs every 10 or 15 mins.

So far (two hour sessions) I have had a slight lowering (120 to 115) and
a rise (150 to 180). I regret to say that I don't do before-and-afters
on my between-session stuff.

Best wishes,

(who has changed to US measurement, because she kept looking at plasma
readings and going 'eek'.  To get from US plasma to UK whole blood,
divide by 20, dm too long, 508 not long enough)

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)