[IPk] Potential for inaccurate SMBG results from the arm

      Hello ,
Please read the following correspondence about the new type of meters which
use the forearm for blood glucose testing rather than the finger .
We are concerned that they can give a significant delay in detecting
hypoglycemia [ an additional 27-34 minutes ] in a German study compared to
finger readings .
You can read the letter outlining this research from germany at the below
web site .
It is important that you rub the arm prior to testing .

Minimed also recommends that if you are using our glucose sensor [ cgms ]
you use fingerstick measurements for calibration as we are concerned about
the difference in readings from the forearm .

Enjoy the weekend
Morag
Minimed