From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: 14 November 2001 22:58
Subject: [IPk] Severe hypo -my fault

> Yesterday morning my husband could not arouse me from a severe hypo and
called an ambulance. I never have unconscious hypos but when I got the pump
I told him where the Glucagon was and instructed him on how to give it but
he panicked and forgot all about it. I dont remember any of it but my bg was
1mmol/litre apparently. When I came round I naturally refused hospital
transfer and slept it off for most of the morning. I could not understand
why it had happened but when I later heard my pump bleep I realised it was
on a temp basal rate and looked at the rate .It was at 12units per hour! and
had been from the night before when my blood sugar was in the 20s and I had
given a dose by injection to bring it down and set it to the max basal rate
of 12 only instead of for 1 hr as i usually do it was for 24. It has really
frightened me because how low can one;s bg drop the pump could have gone on
giving me insulin at that rate for another 12 hrs . I gues  if I had been on
my own I woul!